Saturday, September 14, 2013

Campus Fest Reflection

1. Three Things I Learned:


  • I learned about the Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity.  They offer many opportunities to serve in a multitude of ways and provide a chance to make new friends.
  • I learned that being a part of the Mock Trial Team costs $300 and is therefore outside of my budget, even though I enjoyed doing it in high school.
  • I learned more about Veritas. the Catholic Student Organization, and all the opportunities they provide for students to be involved in their faith on campus.
2. I was at campus fest for a little over an hour.  I will most likely become involved in Veritas, Alpha Phi Omega and the Council for Students with Exceptionalities which is a club that focuses on Special Education.I loved walking around and recieved a lot of cool free stuff, including a blow up ball, frisbees, pens, two pairs of sunglasses and a coupon for a free ice cream sundae from Myles DQ.  The best part of the day though was when two of my suitemates won goldfish playing the Cru plinko game. Their names are Antwon and Norbert.  They're pretty cool.

3. Picture:This is a picture of my roomates goldfirsh, Norbert.


2 comments:

  1. I find it really cool that you were involved in the mock trial team in high school! I also really like Norbert's fish tank :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my best friend tried to get a fish... and we both lost it was sad. I also learned about the n=many opportunities we have concerning our faith and it was really encouraging to me see all of them out there.

    ReplyDelete