2. 3 Things I Learned:
- I learned that presenting with a group is much easier than presenting alone.
- I learned that both Jill Carr and Jodi Webb are truly interested in what is going on with the students.
- I learned that feeling like you are going to vomit and actually vomiting are two very different things.
3. I feel that we were very prepared, especially with the gap of spring break the week before our presentation. I think that I probably could of spoken louder and rocked on my feet less but overall I think I did better than I usually do public speaking.
4. One enormous change in my life was the transition between 8th grade and high school. I went from a class of 39 people whom, for the most part, I had known since kindergarten. I was very comfortable. Then, suddenly, I was dropped in a pool of 250 students, most of whom I did not know. It was extremely frightening and I felt very alone. To deal with I tried getting involved to find communities where I was wanted and needed. Finding people who supported me and cared about me took what could of been a horrible year and really turned it around.
5. Lame as it was, the Bowling Team is where I found that sense of community. This is the team from my senior year. I couldn't find a picture from my freshman year. Ironically, none of the people pictured were on the team with me my freshman year.