Monday, March 31, 2014

March 21st Meeting

1. Group Presentation

2. 3 Things I Learned:

  • I learned that presenting with a group is much easier than presenting alone.
  • I learned that both Jill Carr and Jodi Webb are truly interested in what is going on with the students.
  • I learned that feeling like you are going to vomit and actually vomiting are two very different things.
3. I feel that we were very prepared, especially with the gap of spring break the week before our presentation.  I think that I probably could of spoken louder and rocked on my feet less but overall I think I did better than I usually do public speaking.

4. One enormous change in my life was the transition between 8th grade and high school.  I went from a class of 39 people whom, for the most part, I had known since kindergarten.  I was very comfortable.  Then, suddenly, I was dropped in a pool of 250 students, most of whom I did not know.  It was extremely frightening and I felt very alone.  To deal with I tried getting involved to find communities where I was wanted and needed.  Finding people who supported me and cared about me took what could of been a horrible year and really turned it around.

5. Lame as it was, the Bowling Team is where I found that sense of community.  This is the team from my senior year.  I couldn't find a picture from my freshman year.  Ironically,  none of the people pictured were on the team with me my freshman year.

No comments:

Post a Comment