Monday, March 3, 2014

January 31st Meeting Reflection

1.

2. 3 Things I Learned

  • I learned that every member of a group has a role that is critical to the group being successful.
  • I learned that groups go typically go through four stages, known as forming, storming, norming and performing.
  • I learned that, as a group, we are fairly good at keeping several balloons in the air at a time, especially when we communicate with each other.
3. This helps me understand that each member is critical to our group being successful.  I think that I tend to take on a role where I take charge and am very vocal with my opinion.  I also try to make a plan of action so that the group I work with accomplishes our goal.  It would be very difficult for me to play a role of a summarizer because I would want to add my own spin to the discussion.

4. My definition has broadened throughout our lessons.  When I started I pictured the presidents of organizations when I heard the word leader but since going through these lessons I have come to understand that leaders are everywhere but are not always obvious and do not always have a title.  I see now that those are usually the best leaders because people follow them simply out of admiration for the way they act, not because they possess power because of a title they have.

5. I chose this picture from our retreat because I think this retreat is where we really came together as a team and a group which made us able to pull this service project off.

Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment