Monday, March 3, 2014

February 28th Meeting Reflection

1.

2. Three Things I Learned:

  • I learned about the five different parts of an organization that make it complex.
  • I learned that FLI is far from being a complex organization.
  • I learned that a tree can be a good metaphor for the different aspects of Bowling Green State University's campus culture.
  • Bonus: I learned that Eric is not afraid to creep through our lives to find out what organizations we are involved in.
3. Campus Culture and Our Lesson
  • Artifacts: the seal in the middle of old campus
  • Assumptions: that every students clearly prefers BGSU to Toledo
  • Values: friendliness and diversity
  • Heroes: SICSIC, Freddie and Freida, Marge in the Union, Van Wright
  • Rites and Rituals: hockey game cheers; walking to the right of the seal
  • Communication Networks: Campus Update; SICSIC Sez Signs
  • Structural: President, then other administration, then professors, then other faculty, then students
  • Political: agreeing with the "cutting" of the professors
  • Symbolic: Falcons
4. I am very nervous for our presentation because I detest public speaking.  I believe that we are preparing well for the presentation but that does not make me less nervous because I still have to take part in public speaking in front of three of the most important people in the university.

5. This is a picture of me with some of my Alpha Phi Omega brothers.  These brothers are very special to me because they are part of  my family within in the fraternity.  Our family is called Lost Boys.  There are several other families in the fraternity.  The existence of these families is a part of our culture, based off of our big/little family trees.
We were at a surprise party for the girl in the dresses birthday.  We made sure to be there to support her since we are her family.  The sense of family is very important and is probably one of my favorite parts of APhiO culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment