2. Three Things I Learned:
- I got to meet my new mentor and learn that his name was Craig.
- I also learned about the five aspects of relational leadership which are process, ethics, empowerment, inclusion and purpose.
- Finally I learned that being a great servant leader is based on aspects, the hardest of which for me to master will be good listening.
3. I most identify with the trait of building community. I love forming relationships with new people and helping people form relationships with each other. One trait I see exemplified in the world is stewardship by Pope Francis. He works hard to protect everyone and does not want to be held above at the expense of others. I feel really good after meeting my mentor. He seems really and also like a really good listener. I look forward to getting to know him better throughout the year.
4. I most looked forward to getting to know my fellow cohort members better. I also look forward to learning more about the service project we will be working on.